Monday, March 10, 2014

A Relaxing Family Weekend

Things have been so crazy around here I am just now able to sit down and write a little. This past weekend was so nice! If you know me, you know that for the past few weeks I have been feeling down right...poopy (this is the language you use when you have a toddler). I have just been feeling really run down, tired, sore, grumpy, and queazy all day EVERYDAY for about three weeks. Well, this past weekend was the first time in a long time I felt NORMAL! So I did what any sane woman would do with her first moment of health...I cleaned my house! In my defense it was bordering on a borders episode with the mess that had piled up. It was so nice to be able to look around and see clean counters, floors, windows, closets etc. ALL MY LAUNDRY ACTUALLY GOT DONE! For my daughter and I not doing laundry for a couple weeks didn't phase us because we have an ungodly amount of clothing, but my poor hubby was on some pretty slim pickings in the clothing department. It just felt so good to fell like myself again and do all of the things I usually do.  After I cleaned the house I was able to sit and play with my little love for a decent amount of time without having to lie down or run to the bathroom. And then we got to go out to eat!!! It has felt like YEARS since I felt well enough to go to eat anything, let alone go out to a restaurant (in reality its been two-three weeks). It just felt really nice to feel normal again.

And then on Sunday we took a nice little trip to the Los Angeles Natural History Museum.  I feel that it is important to expose your children to as many learning opportunities as early as possible. Because although they may not fully understand what they are being told when they are really young, the seed of knowledge and the fire to burn their desire to learn is set when young kids are exposed to unique learning opportunities.  My little one absolutely LOVED the dinosaurs. She had so much fun looking at and touching all of the bones. She tried SO hard to assemble a dinosaur spine, I thought steam was going to come out of her ears! The even have a dinosaur show with huge animatronic dinosaurs! She was so excited and was loving every second of it.  Weekends like this remind me of how blessed I am.  There is nothing that brings a smile to my face more than watching my little one learn and become fully enamored and passionate about something...maybe I have a future paleontologist on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment