Saturday, May 17, 2014

Summer Days

It has been soooo hot the past few days, it's hard to believe that we are still in spring! Now already reaching 106 degrees makes me think this is going to be a Hades level heat wave, and the thought of being pregnant in it is NOT appealing, but oh well.  Since it was so hot yesterday and my sister and nephew were in town, I decided to invite them over for a play date and cousin fun.  It was so cute to watch Isabella play with her younger cousin, she is almost three and half and he is 14 months and it was the cutest thing to watch the two of them play together.  It was also great practice for Isabella on having a little brother, stealing toys an all.  Overall she did great and they had a blast!  I wish they lived closer to each other so we could make this a more common thing, but it was so cool to see cousins bonding even after several months apart. Here are some pictures from the fulfilled day yesterday:






You can see how much fun they had yesterday, these two are so cute together! Then today our local Special Olympics was hosting an event today and the California Rangers (a group I have volunteered for, and so does my mom) were in the opening ceremony. So we went to support everyone competing today and my sister and nephew were there too.  So the cousins got to play in the park  for a while, and while we were playing a representative from the youth athletics in the Special Olympics came over and offered Isabella to participate as a peer mentor for the 2-7 ages!  She had so much fun and did a great job modeling the activities for the other children.  I signed up to get more information so hopefully we can go to their practices so she can continue to be a peer model! Here are some pictures from her first time being a peer model.











It was such a fun day and I am so excited that Isabella got the opportunity to spend quality time with her cousin AND help others.  But man am I exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment