Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thanksgiving Handprint Wreaths

Since yesterdays post was a bit heavy I wanted to get back to our normal fun posts. So I decided to show you how to do this really cute (and easy) Thanksgiving Hand print Wreath.


Materials:


  • 3-4 different colored papers
  • Crayons
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Glue

Step 1:  

First take your pencil and trace your child handprints on the papers.  I was doing both of my kids hands so I made sure that they each had one of each color. You can use only one hand or both. I used both of my kids hands just to make it more interesting. Also, don't worry about it if your little one moves around, it doesn't need to be perfect.


Step 2:

This next step is totally optional. I wanted the kids to get a little creative with their handprints so I let them go to town and color them. It was really cool to see how they each decorated their handprints differently, and it was definitely their favorite part!




Step 3:
Cut out the handprints. I don't think we need to go in any more detail with this. lol


Step 4:

Now that everything is cut out it's time put your wreath together. If you only have one handprint size then you can just put them in whatever order you would like. If you're like me and you have a bigger handprint and a smaller handprint, I would suggest putting the larger print in the back with the smaller ones in front. I first laid out the handprints in a circle before glueing. Once the first layer was organized in a circle then you can start glueing. You don't have to glue the entire handprint down just the edges. If you don't clue everything down it will make the leaf more real looking (like leaves).


Once the first layer is done, just continue putting handprints down in a circle making sure to only glue the edges.


Now if you'd like you can end the project here and be done. But I wanted to do something extra with some of the scrap we had laying around. I just went and cut out some banners from the scrap and wrote down "Happy Thanksgiving" and glued them to the top and bottom of the wreath.


Hope you all enjoyed the project and have a wonderful time making this cute little piece of Thanksgiving decor with your little ones! Happy Thanksgiving!!




No comments:

Post a Comment