Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First Day of School

So yesterday was Isabella's first day of preschool, granted it's only two days a week and she went there last year, but it was still hard on me.  I remember the first time I held her in my arms and cried because I couldn't believe the miracle I had made, and now she's 3 1/2 and going to preschool! The entire way their we talked about what was going to happen at school, how she needed to be a good listener, raise her hand before speaking (I have a chatter box), and all of her friends that she would get to see.  I was so excited to see her so pumped for school and so happy that we had found such an amazing school and wonderful teacher, that would make her truly love learning. However, I was also preparing myself for the inevitable tears when I dropped her off, the tears from not wanting to leave me...you know the ego stroking stuff. You know what!?!?! She didn't shed one tear! All I got was a simple hug and a kiss, which I had to hunt her down for, and then she was off to play! Now, I'm excited that she feels so comfortable at her school but I wanted to see a LITTLE emotion about not seeing me for six hours! When my mom brought her home for me I got the biggest hug in the world!! We spent the next 15 minutes or so talking about her school day and all of the fun things she did. I am so excited for this year and to see how much she learns and grows!



The decorations were amazing!! It's the 75th anniversary of The Wizard of OZ so the entrance was all decked out! The theme this year is: "follow the yellow brick road to knowledge"


The kids had a yummy OZ inspired breakfast of Cowardly Lion waffles.


There was dress up time too!


And of course they HAD to paint a cowardly lion.



My big girl1 I can't believe how time has flown by!! This is surreal!!


How was your little one's first day of school? Anything super amazing happen? It's truly astonishing how quickly these little ones grow up...but they will always be our babies.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, for being such a wonderful teacher, and making learning so much fun!

      Delete